Exciting development of glamping tourism planned for Longford
An exciting development in glamping tourism is planned for County Longford.
The proposed development in Glebe, Cloondara, will include a cottage, four lodges, eight glamping pods, thirteen RV parks, thirteen car parks and sixteen bicycles.
The planning application was filed with Longford County Council on December 20 by Raymond and Ann Brogan, and planners are expected to vote on the application by February 22, 2022.
In recent times, the opening of Center Parcs Longford Forest, the Knights & Conquests Visitor Center in Granard and the Royal Canal Greenway, combined with projects such as the Corlea Bog Amenity Walk and the development and improvement various cycling and walking routes make Longford more and more attractive as a tourist destination.
And if this exciting and proposed glamping development in Clondra receives the green light from planners, it will further enhance the county’s exceptional tourism offer.
There are eleven components to development;
- (1) conversion of the existing building into a one-bedroom chalet
- (2) provision of two individual single storey pavilions with one bedroom
- (3) provision of two semi-detached pavilions with 2 bedrooms on 2 floors
- (4) provision of three glamping pods of one bedroom with adjoining toilet
- (5) supply of five one-bedroom glamping pods
- (6) provision of thirteen parking spaces for motorhomes
- (7) conversion of the existing hangar into a shared toilet, universal access toilet and shower room, with kitchen, dining room, laundry room and drying room on the ground floor with the supply of the 1st floor to the existing hangar for the hall of games above
- (8) provision of thirteen parking spaces
- (9) provision of 16 bicycle areas
- (10) supply of photovoltaic panels for renewable energy located on the roof of the municipal building
- (11) provision of service roads and services connected to the existing public road, alleys, paths and connection to all existing services, including all ancillary works